130 electric vehicle charging stations in the underground car park at TOWER185 – exceptional user comfort thanks to numerous access systems.
Sustainable buildings and sustainable mobility
The market for electric vehicles is evolving rapidly. As the number of new registrations increases worldwide, so too does the demand for charging points. In its status report on the National Platform for Electric Mobility, the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) predicts that roughly 85 per cent of future charging will take place during longer idle times at home or at work. Public spaces, petrol stations, service stations and retail outlets are expected to account for the remaining 15 per cent. The EU’s mobility transformation programme prioritises electric mobility, paving the way to major changes in the automotive industry and calling on the real estate sector to take action. As a result, building users are expected to increasingly demand charging options for their vehicles. Charging points in or on a building will therefore increasingly influence rental decisions going forward.